Lakewood laminate floor is an easy-care, wear-resistant floor with a long lifespan and a hygienic hard surface. To prolong the life of the laminate floor, it is however necessary to take precautions against unnecessary loads on the surface.
- Rugs without rubber back can be applied to heavy traffic areas
- Use floor protectors to minimise indentations and scratches from heavy objects.
- Place a dirt-trapping mat at the entrance to keep sand, dirt and grit outside
- Keep pet nails trimmed to avoid excessive scratching
- Stiletto heels, spiked golf shoes or other types of sports cleats can severely damage the floor
Vacuum (bristles down) or sweep your floor regularly to prevent accumulation of dirt and grit that can scratch or
dull the floor finish
- Use a damp cloth to blot up spills as soon as they happen
- Steam mop is prohibited for cleaning timber floor
- Do not use steel wool, abrasive cleaners, or strong ammoniated or chlorinated type cleaners.
- For tough stains, you may need to use a heavy-duty stain remover made specifically for hardwood floors
- Care should be taken to control humidity levels within the 35% – 55% range. Flooring, especially hardwood and
bamboo, dimensions will be affected by varying levels of humidity.
- Dry Climates: A humidifier is recommended to maintain humidity levels. Wood stoves and electric heat tend to
create very dry conditions during the winter months this also will cause shrinkage in flooring.
- Humid, Wet Climates: By using an air conditioner, heater, or dehumidifier proper humidity levels can be maintained
to prevent excessive expansion due to high moisture content.
- Static electricity can also be reduced by keeping the relative humidity in the room at around RH 50 %
- Very light and small surface scratches can be repaired with a staining “touch up” pen of the appropriate color.
- Slightly deeper scratches can be repaired by means of colored putty and or stains. Fill the scratches with the putty.
Level with putty knife. Wipe off excess putty.
- Very deep scratches may require the replacement of the planks.